Community activities LJ Hooker Cleveland are involved in
- Redlands United Football Club
- Australia's Biggest Morning Tea
- TAFE Interview Clothing Bank - Helping young people to gain employment
- Humpty Dumpty - Supporting the purchase of vital equipment for the treatment of sick children in hospital
- Australian Rope Skipping
- Cyclone Debbie
- LJ Hooker Foundation - Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund
- Mele School Rebuild in Vanuatu
- Takara School Rebuild in Vanuatu
- in 2016 we launched the LJ Hooker Foundation to further progress our philanthropic activities.
- looking after our local neighbourhood areas, whether we're staffing a local Australia Day BBQ, raising awareness for groups who work towards improving local amenities or working with the local community in times of needs such as bushfires and floods.
Our history of helping others
As a group and as individuals, LJ Hooker has a proud past of helping others. Individual offices raise funds on a local level for a variety of causes including local schools and amenities, research into medical cures or the provision of goods and services for those most in need.
We lend LJ Hooker marquees to community and charity groups, rally around local events, and donate our time and efforts to numerous neighbourhood causes.
As a group, our contributions have made a real difference to many, including:
- Over $5 million raised for the Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund over a 18-year "Partnership in Caring"
- Over $1 million raised as part of the Tsunami Appeal, which directly funded part of the rebuilding efforts in Aceh, Indonesia.
- Over $1 million raised for SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) research through Red Nose Day activities.
- Over $80,000 raised to assist the Australian Red Cross 2009 Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
- The Bidwell Project through the Habitat for Humanity, which provided a home for a family.
- Over $56,000 raised for the 2011 Queensland Floods